Things you need to know…
Are you interested in writing for us?
You are at this page, probably because you are interested in writing for us. This page will give you all the information that you will require in order to write for Preachers Institute. Carefully read the guidelines and the posting requirements before you submit anything to us. In case you have any queries you can write to us.
The Preachers Institute is a successful website oriented towards helping and guiding Orthodox Christian clergy and preachers towards preaching the Gospel. Launched in May 2009, as an online Homiletics resource website, Preachers Institute has a dedicated readership hundreds of subscribers, many clergy, many preachers, and many are inquirers into the Orthodox faith, and we would appreciate you maintain the quality of the posts when you write for us.
How to Contribute?
This is the process involved –
- Send us a few details of yourself using our contact form
- We will contact you with an email address to submit your article.
- If published, you will asked to submit additional articles.
- If those are published, we will then create an account for you with a contributor access
- You can then submit your posts and we will review it and approve it, if you fulfill the guidelines.
We would also like you to send us your post with a brief about yourself to info(at)preachersinstitute.com. We will review your post and get back to you with the status. If the post is accepted, it will be published.
Guidelines for Posting -
We ensure that we maintain the quality of our posts and would expect all of our contributors to do the same. Hence we have chalked out a simple posting guideline –
- Post should be a minimum of 500 words.
- Posts should follow the pattern of an essay, ie. it should be broken down into paragraphs with proper punctuation.
- Only posts in English are accepted.
- Limit the number of links in your posts to only two.
- Popular posts, as well as academic articles are welcome. Endnotes will be published if you include them.
- All posts submitted to Preachers Institute should be original works and should be unique. These posts will only be seen and used at PreachersInstitute.com.
- The Preachers Institute reserves the right not to publish any submission for any reason, or no reason. If you don’t like it, start your own website.
Posts might require editing which will be done by us before we approve a post for publishing. We might make changes wherever necessary which could mean that we might delete parts that are not acceptable, or even add content to your posts. We reserve the right to do this.
If your post is accepted for publication, we encourage you to repost it, with a link back to the original on PI, on your own blog.
In case your posts are rejected you are free to use the post elsewhere.
Why should you write for us?
We appreciate the time and efforts you took to write the post for us. As a token of appreciation we will include a snapshot of your profile along with a link to your main website or, blog just before the post. Based on the response that we receive we are planning to introduce a “About the author” page as well, which will get you a good amount of mileage along with a backlink.
Do not forget to update your profile page because will will include a snapshot of your profile before the posts.
The work of preaching the Gospel is the most important task in the world. The mandate of the Preachers Institute is to raise the bar of Orthodox pastoral homiletics in the 21st century to new heights.