by Fr. John A. Peck & Fr. Barnabas Powell
In anticipation of the major Hollywood movie “Left Behind” which will hit theaters Oct. 5th, Preachers Institute is offering a booklet to help Orthodox Christians (and any others) understand what the Rapture is, where it came from, and what the Church teaches, and has always taught, about it.
Rejecting Rapturemania: An Orthodox Look at a Dubious Doctrine will be available to you starting tomorrow, and then again on October 1st.
What does it contain?
- Here are some of what you will find in this short booklet.
- What is the Rapture? Is it in the Bible?
- Who invented it? When was in invented?
- What does Jesus say about taking his believers out of the world?
- Who does the Bible say will be persecuted?
- What do the Fathers say about the Rapture?
- What does the Church specifically teach about it?
- Is there a Second Coming of Christ?
- Is there a Third Coming of Christ?
And study questions with Biblical references at the end!
You can get this short booklet about Rapturemania here at Preachers Institute. It will help you better understand Rapturemania, and not get caught up taking theological ideas from the entertainment industry.